Using WordPress as your CMS for website
Wondering if you should consider WordPress as the software for building your website?
Let me start with saying that it is indeed a good script for building a website. But let me also analyze whats good in it & what are the cons.
Since WordPress is a open source script & millions of developers working on improving it, testing it, building themes, building plugins.
- First list down what you expect out of your website.
- Are there popular plugins available for the features you want?
- Is there a close design available to match your expectation
- Do you have good knowledge of WordPress or do you know someone who has the knowledge?
- Do you have the team/budget if you want to go for custom code
- Do you have a reliable team to do good code?
- Can you depend on the team doing custom coding in long run?